The Troop needs adults to be Merit Badge Counselors. Please consider becoming a Merit Badge Counselor.

To become a Merit Badge Counselor, please visit these links on the Hawkeye Area Council page.  Download and fill out the Merit Badge Counselor Form and bring it to a Troop meeting. (Instructions for filling out the form are provided). THANKS!  Our Scouts depend on adults to counsel merit badges.  The Troop can train you.

At this time the greatest need is in the following Eagle-required Merit Badges:  Personal Management, Communication, Family Life, Environmental Science, First Aid, Camping

To get a flavor of the material covered by the merit badge, see the online merit badge requirements and worksheets provided by  

These do not include the material from the merit badge books but do give you the requirements and a workbook to write answers to questions.

More on Registration and Training

In addition to the "Merit Badge Counselor Form" linked above, *first-time* Merit Badge Counselors must register as adult Scouters by filling out the "Adult Application" form and specifying Position Code = 42.  Adults that are already registered leaders, but who have not been registered as an MBC in the past, *MUST* again fill out the form but with this specific position code! Thank you!

Although it may be found on the Internet, the "Adult Application" form contains multiple pages to provide 'carbon copies' of the page you fill out , so it is advisable to get a paper copy of the Adult Application from Troop leadership.

Merit Badge Counselors must also complete Youth Protection Training (as do all registered adults.)