January -- Skiing
February -- Matsell Bridge
March -- Big Sand Mound
April -- Grant's Pilgrimage
May -- Climbing
June -- Summer Camp
July -- Near Oshkosh AirVenture
August -- TBD
September -- TBD
October -- TBD
November -- Shelter Building
December -- TBD
Troop 560 Summer Camp 2018
Sunday, June 24 – Saturday, June 30, 2018
Summer Camp Tent and Cot - What is provided - and what you need to provide - for your tent and cot!
Hawkeye Area Council links:
NEW NEW NEW for 2018
- OSPREY - Outstanding Scout Programs Reaching Excited Youth Click here for more information.
- Family Camping: Camping ... with your family and friends! Click Here for more information
- The Annual Health and Medical form (Parts A,B, and C), updated and signed **within one year of the last day of camp** is required of every youth camper and adult staying for longer than three days.
- Part C requires a physical to be performed by your Doctor.
- The Annual Health and Medical form (Parts A,B, and C), is linked here.
Summer Camp Fees Estimates
- Check payable to Troop 560 (or use Scout Account if sufficient funds available)
- Fees due by April 4 meeting
- Below fees include 5% discount for President's Award
- Summer Camp:
- $275 (if already paid $100 Early Bird deposit by Feb. 28th - so $175 remains payable)
- $300 (if didn't pay $100 Early Bird deposit)
- $325 (after May 1st)
- Note that scouts cannot sign up for merit badges until camp fees are paid.
- Plus Badge-specific fees as follows:
- Rifle $20
- Shotgun $35
- Paintball $25
- Marksmanship $20
Merit Badge Selections
- Scouts should find and print the Merit Badge Schedule when it becomes available. Please indicate both the first and second (backup in case first is full) choices in each session (1-6)
- NOTE FOR FIRST YEAR SCOUTS: First-year Scouts will be taking "Eagle Quest" (which works on Scout Skills in the morning) and will need to select Merit Badges for the afternoon only
- The Summer Camp Chair will be collecting completed Merit Badge selection sheets at Troop meetings, through the Troop meeting on April 9
- Completed Merit Badge selection sheets can also be mailed (hard copy, or email) to the Summer Camp Chair, through April 9
- The Summer Camp Chair logs onto the Hawkeye Area Council internet signup website on April 16 to enter the Scout selections onto the Council website
- July 17-23 is the Camp week called "provisional" week by the Council
- Scouts interested in a second week of camp can go this week in addition to the normal Troop camp week
- This provisional week can also be a good idea to attend if the Scout absolutely cannot make the regular week for the Troop (but it is preferred to attend with the rest of the Troop if possible)
- Let the Summer Camp Chair know if your Scout is interested in this provisional week.
- For Scouts attending two weeks of camp (Troop week, plus provisional), the cost is lower for the second week
- Only $200 for second week!