New Adult Leader Registration

For Adults who wish to register as Leaders...

THANKS for helping Troop 560 provide programs to our Scouts!

Note: you do not need to register as an Adult Leader to have a Scout in the Troop, or to help provide leadership, at least in some way. However, there are some reasons to register:

- The Troop does need to have certain minimum numbers of registered adults to be recognized as a Quality Unit.
- Certain types of more interesting Scouting activities may require BSA registration
- Also, as a registered adult you do receive some liability insurance coverage from National BSA for claims arising from providing the Scouting program. There is info on the BSA "Health and Safety" Insurance page regarding this insurance that is provided to registered leaders. "This coverage responds to allegations of negligent actions by third parties that results in personal injury or property damage claim that is made and provides protection for Scouting units, volunteer Scouts and chartering organizations."


Here are the basic steps to register as an Adult Leader:

  1. Fill out the (multi-page) Adult Application (available from the Committee Chair or the Scoutmaster).  Answers to common questions:
    • On the of the "Disclosure/Authorization" Page, please remember to sign and date in the boxes provided at the bottom of the page. Without the signature and date, the Council will not be able to process your registration form.
    • On the following ADULT APPLICATION page, the EXPIRE DATE section may be left blank.
    • Mark TROOP and fill in "560" for "Unit No." 
    • The "TRANSFER FROM" box can be left blank, unless you are currently registered as a Scout leader, perhaps with your current Cub Scout pack.  In that case you should mark the Pack/Troop with which you are currently registered as an Adult Leader. 
    • Unless you know otherwise, the "Position Code" field should be filled in as "MC" and the "Scouting Position" as Committee Member.
    • Answer questions 1-6 on the right hand side of the page to the best of your ability.
  2. Take online Youth Protection Training (YPT).
    • Follow the instructions in the box to the right of the video, starting with "You do not have to be a registered member or have a member ID to take Youth Protection training."
    • To take Youth Protection training go to and create an account.
    • From the portal, click on E-Learning and take the Youth Protection training.
    • At the end of the 30 minute course, print the certificate of completion and submit the certificate with your T560 recharter payment/form.
  3. A check should be made out to Troop 560, which the Troop will then pay to BSA (National).