MERIT BADGE ADVANCEMENT
Scouts most commonly work on Merit Badges in two ways: (besides Summer Camp!)
1) By finding (on their own) an adult counselor that has registered with the Council to teach that Merit Badge, and scheduling appointments as necessary.
SCOUTS: For a list of counselors for the various merit badges, updated May 2019, see here.
2) By signing up for a 'classroom delivered' merit badge curriculum which will take 3-6 hours on a single day. The Troop must provide adult leadership (typically parents of the Scouts in attendance) for this 'field trip'. This website will show all the merit badge universities throughout the United States: https://meritbadge.info/mbn2/ Locally, Troop 560 Scouts typically have opportunities to attend:
- University of Iowa Merit Badge University (late February / early March)
- Kirkwood Merit Badge University (early April)
- Ankeny Merit Badge University (early August)